1. Leave my job at IB
2. Get a new job (and love it)
3. Go back to Australia (to study, work, or take a vacation)
4. Meet and hang out with Blake
5. Get my first tattoo (if I’m feeling brave- second and third as well)
6. Hang out with Jessica (in NYC, NJ, or Chicago) again- without the anxiety this time
7. Visit California (esp. San Clemente & Kristen Stewart’s handprints @ TCL)
8. Get paid to write
9. Go on vacation with Amanda Our New Years Eve trip turned into a bit of a vacation… it’s a stretch, but we did spend 5 days together + 7 hours driving!
10. Run a 5K (with a few stops at most)
11. Do/try something new/spontaneous. Anything.
13. Meet someone famous (actor/musician/writer/athlete) I met Sophia Bush on November 6th!
14. Meet someone that impacts my life in a positive way
15. Impact someone’s life in a positive way
16. Fall in love (with a person, place, or hobby)
17. Finally finish my Invisalign treatment
18. Man up and get my wisdom teeth pulled
19. Go on a date (and maybe a second?!)
20. See the Blackhawks play in Nashville
21. Do something for myself
22. Read a total of 23 books
23. Find a new favorite spot in Chicago
- A trip to NYC/NJ without the anxiety was really about seeing my friend Jessica again, so I’ve stretched it a bit by adding Chicago as an option, in case she makes her way to me over spring break!
- Calling our NYE trip a vacation is a stretch, but Amanda ok’d it.
- I am reserving the right to alter #12, as I’ve decided I do not want my writing published on Thought Catalog for personal reasons.
- There is a trip to Australia in the works. It’s going to cost me a lot, but I have a lot of reasons why I’m going to splurge on it: 1. it would be awesome to visit my sister while she’s abroad, 2. Blake and I made an agreement to see each other within a year, beginning when we started talking on a daily basis in March 2013, 3. I miss my friends there and it’s been almost three years since I’ve seen them, 4. Wanderlust is worth every penny, 5. if I can make said trip happen, I’ll have the opportunity to scratch between 7 and 9 total things off this list.
- I’ve come up with the theory that in the process of writing the “23” bucket list, my subconscious mind tricked me into picking things that revolved around a trip to Oz.