Off to Australia for 4 weeks. Stay tuned 🙂
1. Leave my job at IB
2. Get a new job (and love it)
!!! 3. Go back to Australia (to study, work, or take a vacation)
4. Meet and hang out with Blake
5. Get my first tattoo (if I’m feeling brave- second and third as well)
6. Hang out with Jessica (in NYC, NJ, or Chicago) again- without the anxiety this time
7. Visit California (esp. San Clemente & Kristen Stewart’s handprints @ TCL)
8. Get paid to write
9. Go on vacation with Amanda Our New Years Eve trip turned into a bit of a vacation… it’s a stretch, but we did spend 5 days together + 7 hours driving!
10. Run a 5K (with a few stops at most)
11. Do/try something new/spontaneous. Anything.
12. Learn something new
13. Meet someone famous (actor/musician/writer/athlete) I met Sophia Bush on November 6th!
14. Meet someone that impacts my life in a positive way
15. Impact someone’s life in a positive way
16. Fall in love (with a person, place, or hobby)
17. Finally finish my Invisalign treatment
18. Man up and get my wisdom teeth pulled 19. Go on a date (and maybe a second?!)
20. See the Blackhawks play in Nashville OR see the Western Sydney Wanderers play in Melbourne
21. Do something for myself
22. Read a total of 23 books
23. Find a new favorite spot in Chicago
So many things on my list are pending right now (and I’m not going to say which ones exactly, but there are approx. 11). Here’s a little breakdown:
- #3: It’s happening. Booked and not nearly ready to go, but it’s happening!
- #4: See you in April, Blake!
- #10: Signed up and ready to rock the Color Run with Team TS in June
- #12 is finally filled in– I want to learn something new! I realized I really haven’t learned or studied anything since graduating, so I want to keep this nice and broad. Whether I learn how to watercolor properly or work in HTML or how to understand the stock market or how to fix something around the house, I want to gain a little knowledge.
- #20 now has a giant “OR” next to it: “OR see the Western Sydney Wanderers play in Melbourne.” With my Australia trip officially planned (start date, end date, and crunched budget to boot), a trip to Nashville is simply impossible. The only game left in Nashville is on 4/12 and I’ll be in Melbourne… which hopefully means seeing the WSW with Blake. YEP. I’M SNEAKY LIKE THAT.
Even though it looks like I haven’t accomplished much in the last couple of months, this is probably the most exciting update to my bucket list to date (which is great, considering I’ve only got about 4 months left to go). I can’t wait to write my next update when I can officially cross a few things off!
February flew by and I’m happy to say I had a ton of great new (and old) music in hand. Let’s break it down: You Me At Six’s album, Cavalier Youth, dropped at the end of January and was my go-to album this month. You might also notice a handful of country tracks– I had a lot of favorites this month, but only chose my top 3 for the playlist. Aside from that, you’ll see a couple of Australian artists (old favorites, but couldn’t resist adding them, since they got me through a lot of stressful travel planning), a few obscure indie artists, a dash of top 40 (“Talk Dirty” won’t leave my head and I’m totally okay with it), and a few new favorite finds (Finish Ticket, Alice And The Glass Lake, and We Are Twin).
Let me know if you listen and which tracks you enjoyed!
Carpe Diem – You Me At Six
Overjoyed – Bastille
Deadbolt – Skaters
Brighter Than Sunshine – Aqualung
New York – Snow Patrol (Unavailable on Spotify)
Tranquilize – Finish Ticket
Tonight, Rest – Alice And The Glass Lake
The Way We Touch – We Are Twin
Talk Dirty (feat. 2 Chainz) – Jason Derulo
Follow Me Down – The Pretty Reckless
Room To Breathe – You Me At Six
Little Black Dress – Sara Bareilles
The Heart Of Dixie – Danielle Bradbery
Redneck Crazy – Tyler Farr
Cop Car – Keith Urban
This Fire – Birds Of Tokyo
The Summer – Josh Pyke
In This Life – The Strumbellas
Love Me Like You Used To – You Me At Six
Car Radio – Twenty One Pilots